Friday, May 6, 2011

Scrapbook Mega Meet in Novi Michigan

This weekend is the Scrapbook Mega Meet in Novi.  I just heard about this a few weeks ago, but apparently this is an annual event that has been going on since 2000.  Essentially its a convention at the Suburban Collection Showplace (formally the Rock Financial Showplace) with venders from all over the country selling great scrapbooking/card making items.  They also have an improptu cropping area and classes you can sign up for, as well an a crop session from 6pm til midnight.

My mother-in-law (Kim) and I decided we wanted to go and see what it was like.  This being our first time, we didnt pre-register or sign up for any classes.  We figured we check things out, and depending how things went maybe go next year and sign up for some classes. 

I wasnt really expecting very much.  I didnt want to build it up to be something great and then end up being disappointed.  I thought we would go spend 2 hours or so looking around and go home.  Boy was I wrong!  We got there at 10am and didnt leave until almost 4!  I came across several items that you wouldnt find in your every day scrapbook store.  Im really glad I was limited in the amount of money I could spend, otherwise I would have gone on a huge scrapbooking shopping spree.  I did however end up buying a few page layouts and some interesting page dynamics.  Ill be sure to post some of the items I make in the up coming weeks.  I am really excited to try them out! 

What I was most looking forward to about this event was being able to check out the Original Scrapbox.  I forgot how I originally stumbled across this AMAZING scrapbook storage system, but its been a few years and I am DYING to get one.  Being able to see one in person just made me want one all the much more.  Unfortunately they are currently out of my price range.  But some day....

Ultimately Kim and I had a great time and decided we would need to return next year.  We decided we are going to make sure to pre-register.  Pre-registering allows you to get into the venue an hour early for shopping and to register for classes before they fill up.  Can't wait!

For information on the convention check out their web page http://www.megameet.com/
For information on the Scrapbox check out their web page http://theoriginalscrapbox.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment