Friday, May 13, 2011

Wedding Shower Card

I finally had a chance to sit down and really use the new Cricute Expression I bought.  Lol, don't worry, I did get some use out of it when it first got delivered.  I messed around with it a bit and made some pretty plain Easter Cards just to get the feel of the machine and all its features.  My mother-in-law also made some use out of it when she was here last weekend, cutting out some letters and some animals.  I made this card for my cousin's wedding shower which is tomorrow.

Here is the front of the card.  I used the Stretch Your Imagination cartridge for the image, as well as the background.  The embellishments are Jolee's Boutique Wedding Gem Flowers.  The small pearls on the ribbons I actually popped off the Jolee Flower stickers.

This is the inside of the card.  The background cut out is from the Storybook cartridge.  Again the pearls were popped off the Jolee's Flower stickers.  The quote is from an DCMV Vellum Quote 3' x 6" Stack, either the Wedding & Romance one or Love and Friendship, I can't remember which one it ended up coming out of.

This picture gives you a better view of the layering and 3D effect onthe front of the card.

The matching envelope.  I know the letters on this one arent the best, they arent the same size, nor are the lined up straight.  But, Im still getting use to using the machine.  I know there is on option when you are cutting to make sure all the letters get cut the same finished size, but I didnt think to use that when I cut these letters.  Oops.

Over all I am pretty happy with my first Cricut expression project.  Hopefully she will like it.  We will find out tomorrow.


2 comments:

  1. Stopped by from the Fun Tuesday Hop to follow...come by and see me we are having a blast over at my blog today ... check if out if you have a minute!

    ReplyDelete