Friday, July 8, 2011

Mini-Messanger Bag

I finally had time to get some projects completed!  My husband is out of town for the weekend so I have some time on my hands.  I made a trip to both Michael's and JoAnn's today to pick up the needed supplies to finish several projects. 

Mini-Messanger Bag
This is a joint effort project with my cousin, for my cousin.  The idea came when we were at JoAnn's one day and she was looking into buying a plain jane bag and I asked her what she wanted with one of those.  She said she was looking for something to put her mini laptop in.  I told her I could create a way cuter bag then that.  And so the mini-messanger bag idea was born.  She bought all the supplies and choose the stitch she liked out of one of my many crochet books.  I created the crocheted bag.  She sewed on the applique and created the lining which she sewed in the bag.  All in all I think it turned out quite cute.  I maye have to consider creating some more to be sold in my etsy store. 



I added "D" rings to the body of the bag and clips to the strap, so that the strap can be removed and the "case" can be put inside another bag if desired.  This was done at my cousin's request and I think it works well.



And here is my cousin modeling the final product.



No comments:

Post a Comment