Saturday, April 23, 2011

Crochet Baby Girl Dress

I've found myself struggling to make items of clothing for myself and though maybe I should start off with something more simple.  So I crocheted a newborn dress to give to a friend of mine when she has her baby girl, which should be any day now.  She was due on this past Tuesday (4/12) and the little one just doesnt want to come out!  She is being served an eviction notice on Thursday (4/21).  I really like the way this turned out!
Its a full length empire waist dress that frills out so nicely.  I can't wait to give it to her!

I got the pattern for this dress out of the book "Oh Baby! Crochet".  I did run into a few problems using the newborn pattern, but with some tweaking I was able to make it work.

4 comments:

  1. Do you remember what yarn you used to make this?=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/1592172571/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1394064615&sr=8-1
    Is this the book?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i kept seeing the pictures from the book on pinterest but when i would start to order the book i would see the comments about errors in the pattern...then i saw somewhere that there are corrections posted and where to find them on the website :) after seeing your great pictures i HAD to order the ebook so i could make this before my granddaughter arrives :) :) :) got the ebook yesterday - getting yarn today - can hardly wait to get started!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would you share where you got the ebook and the corrections? I would love to make the pictured dress. Would you e-mail me at gdayfriend@hotmail.com if you are willing to share. Thanks and Merry Christmas. Gay Davis

    ReplyDelete