Saturday, April 23, 2011

Crochet Zebra Afghan

I bought the book "48-Hour Afghans" several months ago and fell in love with this pattern.  I desperately wanted to make it, but I couldnt find the yarn I was looking for, Lion Brand Homespun yarn in Metropolis (a black/white/grey multicolored yarn).  There was a reason I couldnt find, it had been discontinued.  After searching on-line I found a craft store chain in California that still had some skeins in stock.  Needless to say I bought them out :-)  I used Caron Simply Soft yarn for the solid black, white, and grey yarn.  This pattern was simple enough to follow.  It used a single stitch, double stitch, and popcorn stitch.  It turned out fabulous! 
(Ignore the mess, I spent the day glued to the couch in order to finish it)

I made this afghan to giveaway as a Christmas gift this year.  Im pretty sure they are going to love it!  Hopefully between now and then I dont convince myself I should keep it!

2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to do this afghan ever since I saw the book in the store & fell in love with it, but I can't justify spending almost $10 on the book for just one afghan. Could you maybe e-mail me the pattern. I've looked on every crochet pattern website & no one has it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this pattern as well! I have run into a similar problem with the yarn. I can't find the blended black, white and grey yarn. I would like some suggestions on where I can find it please.

    ReplyDelete