Saturday, April 23, 2011

Old Crochet Projects

I remember my excitement when I first learned how to make a granny square.  I enjoyed the simple granny square pattern so much that I decided to make a giant granny square blanket. 

I think most of the excitement from learning to make a granny square stemmed from the fact that I learned how to make the granny square from following a pattern in a book....I could read patterns!  This opened a whole new world of possabilities for me.  After that I sort of went on a crochet book shopping spree.  I have so many books now, that my husband insists there couldnt possibly be a pattern out there that I don't already have.

Once I realized I could read patterns the next project I tried was a shawl.  This involved a little bit more of an intricate pattern.  Again, I was surprised that I could easily follow the pattern.


One of my favorite projects so far has been a granny square baby blanket that I have made for a few friends for their baby showers.  I really like the lacey look to this and how they dont lay quite flat, but have more of a ripple effect.
The pattern for this blanket can be found in the book "Afghan's by the Pound".

2 comments:

  1. Live the giant granny square blanket!!!! Colors are beautiful! Do you have the pattern you can share???:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there a pattern for the afghan on the top?

    ReplyDelete