Sunday, April 24, 2011

I caved....

...and finally bought a Cricut Expression.  I have wanted a Cricut for months.  My original plan was to buy the Cricut Personal Electronic Cutter.  Retail price for the Personal Cutter is $199.99, but Joann's frequently has it on sale for $89.99 or $99.99.  On Black Friday it was even as low as $69.99!  I was waiting for it to go on sale again and then I was going to buy it.  However, I kept hearing that it was silly to buy the smaller version because in the end after using it for a while the person just ends up buying the larger version, so I should save myself the money and just buy the Expression. 

A few weeks ago I was going through my normal routine at work, opening up the office, logging on to my computer, and checking to see what the Daily Deal was at Target http://dailydeals.target.com/.  It was my lucky day, because the Daily Deal happened to be a Cricut Expression for $199!  Normal retail price from the expression is $399.  But that wasnt even the best part.  Not only was it 50% savings, but is also came with 4 cartridges!  These cartridges are available seperately in the store and retail $89.99 each.  Luckily these also go on sale pretty frequently for $29.99.  It seemed like such a good deal that I couldnt pass it up.  The cratridges that came with the machine were Storybook, Destinations, Desginer's Calendar, and Stretch Your Imagination. 

So I am not the proud owner of a Cricut Expression!  I can't wait to start using it and buy some more cartridges.  I really want to get the Hello Kitty Cartridges.  I also need to look into which cartridges have the patterns for making little boxes and bags. 

No comments:

Post a Comment