Saturday, April 23, 2011

Crocheted Elephant and Giraffe

A while back a friend of mine had a baby shower.  I had planned on making her a baby blanket so I asked her what the color scheme to the nursery was going to be.  I suspect she knew why I was asking.  Because she hinted that there was a giraffe she pattern she had seen on line and wanted.  I laughed at her and told her I would love to make it for her.  Turns out she had a jungle theme going for the nursery, so I decided to make an elephant too.

Over all I think they turned out pretty decent.  I have yarn left over from both so Im considering making another one of each and putting them up on the Etsy store.  But that might have to wait til I finish the current projects...I always seem to have multiple projects going, as I get bored with one and move on to another.

The pattern for the giraffe is a free pattern that can be found at http://www.lionbrand.com/.  The elephant pattern came from the book "Cute Little Animals".  I purchased my copy at Joann's, but its also available on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment